Friday, April 20, 2012

Beastie Boys – Grand Royal (Mixtape by Mick Boogie)

Cheers to the Beastie Boys for being inducted in the R&R Hall of Fame! Now listen to this awesome mix tape by Mick Boogie, dedicated to these amazing musicians...


"Following up on the behind-the-screen impressions from Mick Boogie’s dedication to the Beastie Boys who were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this week, the full project has now arrived. The renowned producer teamed up with famed photographer Jonathan Mannion for the accompanying artwork and has compiled an 80-minute mixtape titled Grand Royal, which consists of notable tracks by the iconic hip-hop trio and rare demos, remixes, outtakes and more. Or to put it in Mick Boogie’s own words:
In honor of the Beastie Boys being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week… I thought it’s finally the right time to do a Beasties mixtape. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time… something people have asked me to do for a long time, actually… but I wanted it to mean something. Now, it’s finally the right time.
I present to you Grand Royal. 80 minutes of my favorite Beastie Boys rarities, remixes, demos, live versions, out-takes, and more. If you’re a Beasties fan, I guarantee you find something new and exciting on this mix!
Download the piece here." - Hypebeast

via Hypebeast

No comments:

Post a Comment