Saturday, December 24, 2011

Air Jordan XI Retro Concord Release Shuts Malls Down, Young Man Dies

I told myself if it wasn't going to be easy and simple for this release, then I wasn't going to bother. Well, in the end, I couldn't add back to the collection what I used to have. As I've said many times, I regret selling my NDS first release retros for retail. Hopefully that will come back one day if it already hasn't in the form of shoe collector karma.

However, this type of attention and the "crowd" it draws really detracts from the desire to want these shoes. Sigh...


"Who would have thought that we would see any of this again in the sneaker world. Earlier this week people started lining up and camping out in front of sneaker stores to get their hands onto the re-issue of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Concord, which was scheduled to release today, December 23rd, 2011.
Now reports have come up that police had to shut down several malls in Austin and Seattle and had to use pepper spray to keep the crowd in order. There is even a report of a young man dying after being stabbed over the shoes in Washington, D.C. In Richmond, California the shoe sales were canceled at Hilltop Mall after shots were fired into the air.
Guys, what is going on here? We are talking about sneakers, a passion for many. This is not supposed to happen. Unbelievable!

Two TV news reports on the stories follow after the jump." - High Snobiety

via High Snobiety

No comments:

Post a Comment