Sunday, March 14, 2010

Childhood Dreams...

The epiphany of a harsh realization that you're growing up and having to move on in life. It eventually hits us all and we leave behind thoughts from a more innocent and naive time in life. Isn't there...wait, shouldn't there be some sort of a middle ground? I still strive to find that point, in some instances I honestly think I have...then, only to find myself understanding that I'm still too "young" in a sense to grasp it all and have "much growing up to do." Reading this entry below from HelloGoodBite just makes me wonder...what were my childhood dreams, did I have any to begin with or was my slate always blank and things just went on in the "temporary present."
 

"It’s funny how soon you forget your childhood dreams. At some point, you realize your vivid imagination just isn’t what it used to be. During this process we call “growing up,” you begin to trade in your ingenuity for realities and adult responsibilities. Funny as I was thinking about my beginnings with food, I realized buried somewhere in the past is a mischievous little girl who dreamed of nothing more than opening her own noodle shop.
What are some of your childhood dreams?" - HelloGoodBite

No comments:

Post a Comment